Wednesday 26 December 2012

Government Police

Oppression an Revolution are the two main colliding themes in the Narrative for this concept. So the main most active force behind the oppressing role would be the Governments military police.
I wanted to draw this heavily from riot squads, however at the same time preserving the image that these people don't just get called out when things get ugly- I want them to look like they are always on the streets on duty and are the constant driving force behind directly and physically oppressing the City citizens-
In short, they couldn't look kitted out enough that wearing their uniforms for long periods of time per day would be tiresome.



In comparison to soft-looking armor, hard armor always feels more futuristic where it is applied. Researching  riot police from different countries had lots of different results. Some were more scantly armored than others. A common them in all of them however is that by wearing the same balaclavas and helmets, this makes them anonymous, it also inspires intimidation because their faces are covered.


In my concept I attempted to layer up the design of the character, from base overalls, then soft to hard and ballistic armor. A lot of riot police also use a color coded intimidation tactic by dressing everyone in black so that everyone looks the same, however when choosing the color pallet I wanted to keep hold of police colors such as blue and whites.


Continuing on from previous designs I incorporated the criss-cross pattern into the chestplate and sleeves. 
Though the intention to have a lot of fabric showing in two shades of police blue was intended to make the design look more light and maneuverable I feel that I put too much variation and pattern into it and the blue's are too friendly. It also looks very streamlined in places as opposed to the very bulky ballistic feel I wanted.
Next I hope to try colors that are darkened down and more washed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment